Problems running autogen for Nemiver

Hi Dodji,
I am trying to get my development environment up for Nemiver setup, but I am facing an error that I never faced before. The error is while running autogen which is :

checking whether the Boost::Unit_Test_Framework library is available... yes
checking whether the Boost::Test_Exec_Monitor library is available... yes
configure: error: Could not link against mt !                  <------------- This is the error I am getting.

These are the steps I took to make sure I did not miss anything:

1. Made sure all build dependencies for Nemiver are satisfied with : sudo apt-get build-dep nemiver
2. Installed all boost-libraries with : sudo apt-get install libboost-test1.40.0
3. Verified that the multi-threaded library 'libboost_unit_test_framework-mt.so'  is indeed installed within /usr/lib.

Do you think I might have missed anything that might have caused this error ? My NEMIVER_DEVEL environment variable is set to 'on' and I realized that if I don't set this variable, I don't get this error. But for my purpose (setup development environment) I do need NEMIVER_DEVEL=on, and therefore I need to resolve this error at all costs.

Please advise.

regards,
Seemanta