Re: [Nemiver-list] Update on changes in subversion

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 20:20:01 -0600
"Jonathon Jongsma" <jonathon jongsma domain hid> wrote:

> It's been pretty quiet here lately, so I thought  I'd just send a
> quick note here about what's been going on in nemiver's subversion
> repository lately.

Hey Jonner,

Yes, it's been quiet lately. I have been really busy with work these
last months so I haven't found much time to spend on nemiver. I am
slowly recovering from my 4000+ unread emails backlog :-) Good to have
you around and pushing the project forward :-)

> I know Dodji has been doing some work on some structural enhancements
> that will make future improvements to the variables list widget
> easier, but I'll let him speak on that himself if he wants to.

Yes, I am working on what I call a "variable model". It is basically a
new abstract interface that knows how to manage a set of variables of
type IDebugger::Variable. That variable model interface is called
IVarList. The purpose of IVarList is to carry a set of variables that
can be setup by client code by adding instances of IDebugger::Variable
to it. IVarList then listens to debugger events and updates the state
of the variables it carries, each time the debugger stops. Client code
can listen to events fired by IVarList to get notified when a variable
gets added or removed etc ...

IVarList is not useable yet but will hopefully help improve the
variable inspector widgets we have today and open new opportunities for
future interactions with variables. More on this later.

Cheers,

--
Dodji Seketeli
http://www.seketeli.org/dodji