[Nemiver-list] recent activity

Hello,

Here goes a short summary of the recent changes that happened in nemiver.

i18n support
==========
Jonner, alias Jonathon Jongsma, added the i18n support recently. Now
someone should show up to translate nemiver, at least in French :-)

autotools cleanup
==========
Jonner did a bit of cleanup and made the project use the gnome-common
based autogen foo. He also made some needed cleanup of the source
tree.

dbgengine reusability
===================
I moved the dbgengine dynamic module out of the DBGPerspective plugin.

dbgengine is the engine that abstracts the DBGPerspective (what you
see on the screen when you use the graphical debugger) away from the
real low level debugger we use, e.g
gdb.

The net effect is that after compiling nemiver, anyone can use the
dbgengine to write his custom debugger, using our IDebugger c++
interface only. IDebugger is the interface exposed the dbgengine
dynamic module.

Today's nemiver debugger graphical perspective (DBGPerspective) is
just a client of dbgengine the dynamic module. Look at
tests/test-breakpoint.cc to see an example of how you can simply write
some code to load a program, set a few breakpoints, and make it step
using dbgengine.

Core file loading support
==============
I added an early support to load core files and show a rudimentaty back trace.
This is still rough around the edges. We now ask the user to load two
files: the core file and the program that generated that core file. So
two file chooser dialogs pop up one after the other asking for that.
What would be nice is a custom dialog that gives a better user
experience than two file chooser dialogs appearing from nowhere one
after the other.
This makes me think that I should add a new entry to the todo list :-) .

Nemiver still has no variable visualisation support, but I am working
on it. I started to work on it at the dbgengine level. I now need to
start writting a widget using dbgengine to actually show the
variables.

Better logging support
==============
To display all the logs of nemiver, you can now set the env variable
nmv_log_domains.
Setting nmv_log_domains=all dumps all the logs to stdout. But if you
want to see that happen in the file main.cc for instance, you can just
set nmv_log_domains="main.cc" before launching the application. You
can also do nmv_log_domain="main.cc nmv-dbg-engine.cc" to the logs
being dumps in the files main.cc nmv-dbg-engine.cc.

I hope this gives you enough grasp at how one can use the logs in nemiver.

That's all for today.

Cheers,

Dodji.