[Nemiver-list] recent activity

Hello folks,

Here is a summary of the changes that hit our svn lately.

* A first version of a variables visualisation widget
=============================

A second tab has appered beside the call stack tab.
It lets you look at variables (both of simple types and struct/classes).
It is a bit rudimentary today, but it seems to work well for local variables
and function arguments. It still lacks support of global variables.

* A new terminal for the debugged target
=========================

A problem that quickly arose is that we needed a terminal where the
output and input
of the debugged target could be redirected to. There is a new tab
(yes, one again)
beside the visualisation widget for that.
Now, all the messages the target sends to stdout appear in that terminal
and whenever the target expects the user to throw some
data to its standard input, the user can type use that terminal as well.

* Enhancements of the dbgengine module
========================

The dbgengine got continuously improved to support variables state queries and
target terminal configuration. It still needs more testing.

* Enhancement of "run program" and "load core file" dialogs
==================================

These two dialogs were reworked and now provide a better user experience.
The code got also refactored to share more bits and make it easier to
write new dialogs
of this kind.

These changes bring us a step closer to the "almost testable" state
that would make us start thinking about releasing a 0.0.1 version to
the world. We are not there yet, though, but things are definitely
shaping up nicely.

Cheers,

Dodji.