Re: Easy way to add new right-click context menue entries to Nautilus

On 25 Mar 2015, at 07:31, Ben Stover <bxstover yahoo co uk> wrote:

I tried for example:

 pkg install nautilus-actions

but it fails.

The following page is somehow confusing:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/E24676/gldnz.html

Does that mean that the nautilus-actions extension is already automatically installed with Nautilus on
Solaris 11?

It's been a few years since I worked on the Solaris desktop team, but I don't think nautilus-actions is
something we ever built or made available to Sun/Oracle customers. (I'll double-check, though.)

In the OpenSolaris days we did have a community of people building those sorts of extra packages for
OpenSolaris (which, by extension, also worked on Solaris 11), but I don't see nautilus-actions listed there
either: <http://sourceforge.net/p/pkgbuild/code/HEAD/tree/spec-files-extra/trunk/>

So unless you have a support contract with Oracle via which you can request it be added in a future Solaris
update, the answer I'm afraid is that you'll probably have to build a Solaris version yourself. There's a
tool called pkgbuild available that makes it relatively easy to build Solaris packages from RPM spec files:
<http://pkgbuild.sourceforge.net>

but of course that won't take account of any code changes you may have to make to actually get it to run on
Solaris. (Of which there may be none, I have no idea… but if nothing else, remember you'll have to find and
build a version of nautilus-actions that's compatible with GNOME 2.30.)

Regards,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON                        Principal UX Engineer
+353 1 803 3807                     Systems Experience Design

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.