Re: How to remove menu items (where has /usr/share/nautilus/ui gone) ?

On 11/06/2012 22:44, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 11:43 +0100, garethl wrote:
>> Is it still possible to achieve this runtime functionality with newer
>> versions, or do I now need to rebuild Nautilus using modified
>> configuration files?
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Hi Gareth,
>
> UI/GtkBuilder files were never really meant to be hand edited by users;
> Nautilus expects to fetch some widgets from there and crashes or error
> conditions might happen if the expected data is not found.
> Having said that, Nautilus 3.4 started using GResource [1], so all that
> runtime data is now compiled into a binary bundle, which is linked into
> the executable.

Hi Cosimo,

first of all, thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question - it is much appreciated.

Just so that I am clear, are you saying that relying on modified UI/GtkBuilder files at runtime is no longer possible? If it is still possible (even if not recommended), do you have any suggestions on how I can use this technique?

Many thanks,
Gareth

The information contained in this message (and any attachments) may
be confidential and is intended for the sole use of the named addressee.
Access, copying, alteration or re-use of the e-mail by anyone other
than the intended recipient is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient please advise the sender immediately by returning the e-mail
and deleting it from your system.

This information may be exempt from disclosure under Freedom Of Information Act 2000 and may be subject to exemption under other UK information legislation. Refer disclosure requests to the Information Officer.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.