Re: Reasoning for Removal of Extra Pane Mode?

On Do, 02.08.2012 19:04, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

>Extra pane was awesome in some respects, but also had a lot of bugs and
>some interaction hierarchy issues.

Like .. what?

When extra pane was introduced, it didn't have any bug that I was aware
of.

True, I saw an occasional bug here and there later on, that was
introduced when people worked on UI reorganization - but not "a lot".
Anyways, that's not how the GNOME community works, is it? I mean,
introducing bugs to sabotage features, just to have a reason to remove
them?

Typically, when I see a bug and have the time to actually touch the
code, I try to solve the bug, not remove the feature. But maybe that's
just me.

Holger