Ubuntu may ship Nautilus 3.4 in Ubuntu 12.10 and consider other file managers

According to comments #1 and #3 in this bug, Ubuntu is considering going back to Nautilus 3.4 in the upcoming 12.10 release:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1034080

And at their summit this fall they may discuss whether to stay with Nautilus or switch to another file manager such as Marlin or Nemo.

In my opinion it would be really unfortunate for GNOME if Ubuntu were to drop Nautilus. I think we should try to work with Ubuntu to make sure that doesn't happen.

adam