Re: Detection of trash in trash folder

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 14:19 -0800, Scott Baker wrote:
> > This happens in the gvfs trash backend. It uses the gio abstraction
> for
> > file notification, which can use for instance inotify or fam.
>
> Thanks for the reply, Alexander. The versions that I'm using now
> (distributed with RHEL4 and Centos5) I think are using gnomevfs, which
> I'm assuming is the predecessor to gvfs.
>
> Using the python gnomevfs library, I've verified that gnomevfs
> monitoring of directories is working. I have a feeling that what's
> broken is when the .Trash file is created that for some reason
> monitoring is not being attached to it. I'll try poking around in the
> gnomevfs/gvs code to find where this is.

Do that, i believe there might actually be a check for the filesystem
type and trash only being supported on some filesystems.

> I found some references in this archive to trash incompatibility with
> ext3 and a patch to fix it. But, I never found this patch. On the
> longshot that the ext3 trash incompability issue is the same issue
> that I'm having with my driver, does anyone remember the nature of
> this patch? The thread in question is
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2001-July/msg00275.html.

Seems to reference:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/commit/?id=9f89c4678eaeb870eeba610e3ec6c77e11f7fb81

But this is pretty old code, so things are unlikely to work the same
these days.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's an old-fashioned arachnophobic hairdresser in drag. She's an artistic
snooty museum curator with an evil twin sister. They fight crime!