Bug report about empty file operations dialog: caused by use of stat() where stat64() should be used?

Hello,

I'm sending this mail to inform about the possible causes of a bug
report we received on Launchpad in Ubuntu. This bug --
<https://launchpad.net/bugs/492655> -- is about the File Operations
dialogue being blank. (More reports in forum threads [1][2].)

Someone suggested that this could be caused that Nautilus uses stat()
on large files as well, whereas files larger than 2 GB should be
checked with stat64(). So far no user has responded, but I was
wondering, can this indeed make the File operations dialogue go blank?

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8391699
[2] http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1169986

Regards,
--