Re: Question about nautilus_menu_provider_emit_items_updated_signal

(FFS, I did it again. Sorry.)

On 26 April 2010 21:26, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> I'm not sure how binding this in python works, but you should not have
> to add your own signal like that if you derive your object from
> NautilusMenuProvider.

That's what I thought. AFAIK, GObject should detect any
"NAUTILUS_TYPE_MENU_PROVIDER" as eligible to send that signal, but I
suspect that however this detection works does not span across the
Python/C bridge.

> The code already adds that signal. I think you
> need to ask the python people for more details.

The nautilus-python bindings are maintained by Adam Plumb, the other
maintainer of RabbitVCS. He picked it up because it was unmaintained
for so long, so I'm not sure how well he knows the ins and outs of it
right now.

My guess is that we need to expose the C function
"nautilus_menu_provider_emit_items_updated_signal" to the Python
bindings via the "nautilus.defs" file, but I'll take it up with him
and follow up here if we have any luck.

Thanks for going through it anyway :)

Cheers,
Jason