Re: Shorten desktop icon names.

Hi Nando,
Hi nautilus-list,

I just want to say that this is one thing that confuses me too
sometimes. I am very new to this list and not that involved yet, so I
am not sure if there is a patch for this already.

If anyone has plans to implement this, please keep in mind that it is
often better to shorten long file names by skipping the middle part.
At least in my opinion. So very-very-long-file-name.jpg becomes
very-v...ame.jpg or something similar.

Cheers,
Gigi