From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
To: sjohnsonaz aol com
Cc: nautilus-list gnome org
Sent: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 8:18 am
Subject: Re: trash/delete prompt

Am Samstag, den 07.03.2009, 19:10 -0500 schrieb sjohnsonaz aol com:
> I'm in the process of migrating to nautilus, however I've become
> concerned that there is no prompt before sending file to the trash.  I
> realize it prompts before deleting, but without a trash prompt as
> well, this may cause problems for unsuspecting users.

Well, if users move something into trash, what do they expect?

It might sound sarcastic but to me it's like pushing the "Play" button
of my music software and getting a popup
"This will start playing sound from your speakers. This might be loud.
Are you really sure you want to do this? [OK] [Cancel]"

> Is this option available, and if not, could it be added to the queue
> for the next release?

Please not yet another "Are you really really really sure?" dialog.
Nothing will be permanently deleted when moving something to trash.
No need for a dialog at all.

Feel free to file an enhancement request in bugzilla.gnome.org (if there
isn't one already), but I'm certain that this is a WONTFIX.

andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed