preferences->preview->thumbnail size

Nautilus Developers

Could you please consider either increasing the maximum size for thumbnails
(say, adding 3 GB and 5 GB) or perhaps, letting the user define the upper limit.

Newer cameras have much larger CCD's now and are storing larger files.  My
camera has an average file size of 2.5 GB. It would be nice to be able to see the
thumbnails for these images so I can sort the pictures.

I have attempted to make the changes to the Nautilus version from the SVN
repository, but found that I needed to update several other packages well
beyond what is currently on my machine (I'm on Fedora 9)

checking for ALL... configure: error: Package requirements (
   eel-2.0            >= 2.25.1
   glib-2.0        >= 2.19.0
   gnome-desktop-2.0    >= 2.9.91
   gio-unix-2.0
   gio-2.0
   pango            >= 1.1.2
   gtk+-2.0        >= 2.13.0
   libxml-2.0        >= 2.4.7
   unique-1.0
) were not met:

Requested 'eel-2.0 >= 2.25.1' but version of eel is 2.22.2
Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.19.0' but version of GLib is 2.16.6
Requested 'gtk+-2.0 >= 2.13.0' but version of GTK+ is 2.12.12

This has a cascade effect as each of these packages require updates to even more
packages.

For now I'll just pull down the source for the version of nautilus currently installed
and try to make the necessary changes locally.

Thank You.

Greg