Re: Removable media management

Am Mittwoch, den 28.05.2008, 08:30 -0400 schrieb David Zeuthen:
> So.. we could abstract this in GIO just like we abstract bits of it
> including mounting/unmounting/ejecting (e.g. add API to GDrive, GVolume,
> GMount). But I'm just not sure it's worth it.. it would add a lot of
> complexity to API's that we can never change... and given that the only
> realistic consumer of this API is Nautilus it seems like a lot of extra
> work for no gain.

There were ones people who wanted to create a bitmap manipulation
program. But they couldn't, because they had no framework and/or no
libraries. So they created them first.

It's not fair for me to say this, because I'm not involved in the very
hard work you all do. I just want to cheer you up.

Tell me, what's the gain of Nautilus? Isn't it a powerful file-manager?

        Comicinker