Re: New nautilus maintainer & Alex on parental leave

On 20/03/2008, Mystilleef <mystilleef gmail com> wrote:
Alex,

Thanks for your work.

Cheers

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> Starting April 1st I will be on parental leave, this means I will have
>  little time for Gnome and software in general. Not zero, but very low. I
>  will be away until approximately the end of the year, although i might
>  show up at work part-time a bit before that (earliest in september).
>
>  However, there has been a bunch of excitement and people interested in
>  working on nautilus and gvfs these days (and we consider gnome-vfs a
>  dead end, so it'll just get maintainance updates from now on). So, while
>  I've been a large driver of these projects I don't think we really are
>  in such a bad position while I'm gone.
>
>  I'd like to also announce that Christian Neumair <cneumair gnome org> is
>  now one of the Nautilus maintainers, having done lots of work on
>  Nautilus in recent years. With him and Martin Wehner as maintainers
>  besides me there should not be a problem getting releases and regular
>  work going on when I'm away.
>
>  I've been the main code reviewer for Nautilus, and that is clearly not
>  gonna work when I'm away, so I'd like to propose a system of peer
>  review, so that each non-trivial patch that goes in at least got checked
>  over and tested by someone else. I don't know the best way to arrange
>  this, but my own preference is to handle patch reviewing on the mailing
>  list (as opposed to bugzilla). That way everyone sees the patch (more
>  eyes makes bugs more shallow) and everyone sees the feedback (and can
>  learn from it in the future. So, maybe just post patches to the mailing
>  list and wait for someone to review them.

I have a patch that will turn a folder icon into swimming Wanda the Fish[1] if you triple click it. I will post it to the list on April 2nd when Alex is out. Yeeehaw - party time!

And, Alex, enjoy you paternity leave :-)

Cheers,
Mikkel

[1]: Like the free-the-fish easter egg we all love