Re: multimedia columns in list view

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 00:22 +0200, yelo_3 wrote:
> Ok I will use it, sorry if I didn't understand it before.
> a question: can totem-video-indexer be teached to write xattrs to
> files, when launched with a particular switch?
> or do you think that my extension should parse the output and then
> write xattrs by itself?
> Thanks.

Up to you. If you can make the code nicely fitting in with the current
one, and make sure you use GIO to manipulate the xattrs, I'd be happy to
add the ability to totem-video-indexer.

What I was mentioning was:
- Rhythmbox reading the tags, and writing the xattrs
- The nautilus view reading from those xattrs

You seem to be completely gone on a tagent which isn't what I advised.
If you want to make totem-video-indexer write the xattrs, what are you
going to use to get the indexer called?