Re: Displaying file sizes in powers of 10, rather than 2
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: John Millikin <jmillikin gmail com>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Displaying file sizes in powers of 10, rather than 2
- Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:05:50 +0100
On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 20:26 -0800, John Millikin wrote:
> Currently, Nautilus displays file sizes in kibibytes, mebibytes, and
> gibibytes (the dialog fields are mislabed, but that is another issue).
This has been discussed before, and won't change. For computers, sizes
are in base 2, its been that way forever and only recently has some HD
manifacturers used base 10 to seem to be larger. This has lead to all
sorts of confusion, and to no good.
] [Thread Prev