Re: Hide menu bar

On 26 Aug 2008, at 00:59, Stefan T. wrote:

Well, you can do it like I said: use Alt key on keyboard to show menu
toolbar again. Others did the same.
You could give warning: "You will hide menus, to show them use Alt key"

There is also another way but I don't think that you can implement it now:
like FireFox.
In FireFox you can click with your right mouse button on main toolbar and
than select options you like.
After you press Alt key, you can, of course, use mouse...

I am not sure about "easily discoverable way".

However we did it, we should make sure the same feature in gnome- terminal behaved the same way. (Currently, you re-enable the menubar in gnome-terminal via the right-click menu.)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team