Re: Hide menu bar

Well, you can do it like I said: use Alt key on keyboard to show menu toolbar again. Others did the same.
You could give warning: "You will hide menus, to show them use Alt key"

There is also another way but I don't think that you can implement it now: like FireFox.
In FireFox you can click with your right mouse button on main toolbar and than select options you like.
After you press Alt key, you can, of course, use mouse...

I am not sure about "easily discoverable way".

You can also use Configuration Editor to use this feature if you think it is to complicated for some users.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:34 AM, Gilles Dartiguelongue <gilles dartiguelongue esiee org> wrote:
Le lundi 25 août 2008 à 18:36 +0200, Stefan T. a écrit :
> Hi,
> Can you add "Hide Menu Toolbar" option to Nautilus. I never use Menu
> Toolbar. I can
> hide Main Toolbar, Side Pane... "Show Menus Toolbar temprarily by
> pressing Alt key."
>
> Plus, Nautilus has tabs, and this way we will get more space.

This is quite easy to implement, but how would you enable the menus
again (in an easily discoverable way) ?

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <gilles dartiguelongue esiee org>