Re: controlling icon order

The list is reasonable for fallbacks (file is executable), but how can I ensure my icon is chosen for all themes (that don't override this specific type)?

Asides:
If I switch the executable bit, the list becomes application-t4l-pixie, application-x-generic, text-x-generic, with the text icon chosen.

Poking through the gio code (just enough to hang myself), I notice that gio automatically adds one of "folder", "application-x-executable", or "text-x-generic" to the list of icon names.

Since the "gnome" theme defines icons for these three mimetypes, it seems it would never be sufficient to add icons only to the hicolor theme--one must add to the gnome theme as well.

I don't like adding non-themed icons to the theme directories. Any thoughts on a better angle?

michael