Re: controlling icon order

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Michael Brewer-Davis
<michael tech4learning com> wrote:
> I have installed a custom mime type with icons, using extension "pxt". I'm
> having trouble getting the custom icons to display in nautilus in edubuntu
> 8.04.  Instead, for these files I see the right file type ("Pixie image
> file"), and an executable icon.
>
> When I query gio for the icon types, I get the following icon names:
> application-t4l-pixie  // mine
> application-x-generic
> application-x-executable

Where is your icon installed ? most likely, what you are seeing is a
side-effect of
the fallback algorithm in the icon theme spec: if you specify multiple
names like that,
it tries to find any of those in the current theme before falling back
to an inherited theme.

So, if gnome-icon-theme has application-x-executable, and you install
application-t4l-pixie
into hicolor, then you'll still get application-x-executable when the
gnome icon theme is
current.