Re: Reuse new gtkfilechooser Search feature in Nautilus

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 17:41 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > what interests me more about the last few changes in the GtkFileChooser
> > widget, and their reflection into nautilus UI, is adding support for a
> > 'Recently Used' place into nautilus, implemented as a special location
> > (like the search and trash folders); I'm currently working on a patch, I
> > think I'll have something working by the end of this week.
>
> Could also be done (probably easier too) as a gnome-vfs backend. Any
> reason you're going the more complicated route?

I was under the impression that vfs modules were mostly deprecated, but
probably I misunderstood. there was a gnome-vfs module that implemented
the recent:/// URI, inside libegg/recent-files: I can resume that and
port it to the GtkRecent API.

> Its hard to do search as a vfs backend (as it needs tight integration
> with the modifying the search ui), but for gvfs i'm making trash a real
> vfs location.

I'll rejig what I have with a gnome-vfs module, and look at how to
implement the same functionality into gvfs while I'm at it.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com