Re: Reuse new gtkfilechooser Search feature in Nautilus

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 16:25 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

> as a side note, I'd rather wait and see what kind of API the Xesam
> project results into, and then optionally depend on it inside gtk+,
> while keeping the dlopen() code as a fallback, until every distro adds
> support for Xesam.

Nod.

> what interests me more about the last few changes in the GtkFileChooser
> widget, and their reflection into nautilus UI, is adding support for a
> 'Recently Used' place into nautilus, implemented as a special location
> (like the search and trash folders); I'm currently working on a patch, I
> think I'll have something working by the end of this week.

Could also be done (probably easier too) as a gnome-vfs backend. Any
reason you're going the more complicated route?

Its hard to do search as a vfs backend (as it needs tight integration
with the modifying the search ui), but for gvfs i'm making trash a real
vfs location.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a bookish dishevelled paramedic trapped in a world he never made. She's
an artistic wisecracking mechanic who don't take no shit from nobody. They
fight crime!