Re: [patch] [bug 432510] samba filename encoding on none UTF-8 locales

Thanks for the pointer. I was stucked in git on Solaris.
Probably I don't understand the usage of gvfs.

# gvfs-mount -m smb://foo
Error mounting location: DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
# gvfs-mount smb://foo /mnt
Error mounting location: volume doesn't implement unmount
^C
# gvfs-mount smb://foo/data /mnt
Error mounting location: volume doesn't implement unmount
^C

I'ld like to know if I can disable to use DBus.

I agree with most of your mentions. My point is that I want to fix this problem asap in GNOME SVN HEAD.

> doesn't solve the issues fully, and that is very undiscoverable and as
> such won't be used by many. Its also smb-specific and locale-encoding

I think the support of legacy encodings is still important for users. Many users want the seamless migration from Windows filenames to UNIX legacy filenames.

Alexander Larsson wrote:
On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 20:30 +0900, Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center