Drag&Drop between Nautilus and Firefox

Hi,

On my computer, when I drag an image from Firefox to the desktop,
Nautilus/2.16 copies the images to the desktop without asking. Dragging
URIs result in an empty file with the URL in it. This behaviour is
also described at: http://www.gnome.org/bounties/Miscellaneous.html#127553

However, I found out that Nautilus/2.10 behaves exactly as the bounty
task describes: Dragging an image or a link to the desktop results
in a dialog box that asks whether I want to download the image
or make a shortcut to it.

Is it possible that the functionality of this bounty was already
existing in Gnome/2.10 and has somehow disappeared from newer
Gnome versions?

--
Best regards,
Richard