Re: Drag&Drop between Nautilus and Firefox

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 12:39 +0000, Richard Hirner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my computer, when I drag an image from Firefox to the desktop,
> Nautilus/2.16 copies the images to the desktop without asking. Dragging
> URIs result in an empty file with the URL in it. This behaviour is
> also described at: http://www.gnome.org/bounties/Miscellaneous.html#127553
>
> However, I found out that Nautilus/2.10 behaves exactly as the bounty
> task describes: Dragging an image or a link to the desktop results
> in a dialog box that asks whether I want to download the image
> or make a shortcut to it.
>
> Is it possible that the functionality of this bounty was already
> existing in Gnome/2.10 and has somehow disappeared from newer
> Gnome versions?

I remember the behaviour changing at some point, but not the details.

The current behaviour seems to be to link to html files by default, but
copy e.g. an image by default. You can enforce a copy with ctrl-drag and
enforce a link by ctrl-shift-drag. However, alt-drag should enforce a
menu, and that doesn't seem to happen, so maybe something broke
somewhere...

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a witless flyboy vampire hunter She's a mentally unstable punk schoolgirl
who inherited a spooky stately manor from her late maiden aunt. They fight
crime!