Rebuilding nautilus for debugging

I posted a Nautilus bug, but now ofcourse the developers need a
backtrace of this crash. But how do I do this? I have to compile
nautilus myself so I tried to do this with the "--enable-debug" option
and then tried to get a backtrace with gdb (following the instructions
at this link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Backtrace ) but I still can't get a
full backtrace. I don't get the "no debugging symbols found" messages,
but still the backtrace is as useless as before. So how do I build
nautilus to debug it? I'm sorry if this sounds silly, but I never tried
this before and there is almost no information in human language on this
topic (I'm not a developer myself but still I want to help make Gnome
better).