Re: Icon label visibility diff...

On Dec 3, 2006, at 1:09 PM, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 00:30 -0800, Gene Z. Ragan wrote:

less.png shows is a nice way to visually clean up the clutter. If the background in white or a solid color, the label selection frame is done using that color with an opacity value. If the background is a bitmap, nothing is done. In the bitmap case, it would probably be possible to sample the background image at the location, but it seemed like a lot of
work.

What do you thing?  Please take a look at the attacked diff.  It has
been a while since I have coded to the nautilus guidelines and I have
made some obvious mistakes.

It's a good idea, but the result looks like a rendering bug :)

Maybe it'll look better if you make the selection frames completely
opaque? The faint text is pretty much unreadable anyway.

--
Hans Petter

The hard part with an opaque fill is that it may make the user think the item is selected. Maybe a change in the alpha level so the covered text isn't so light would help. Or a gradual fade towards the edges.

The totally opaque fill might actually work until the user has the same background color as the selected color. Then
they may be filled with sadness.

Gene