Re: desktop icon's size

Il giorno dom, 16/10/2005 alle 17.19 +0200, Christian Neumair ha
scritto:
> Am Samstag, den 15.10.2005, 22:30 +0200 schrieb Luca Ferretti:
> > Il giorno ven, 14/10/2005 alle 15.51 +0200, Christian Neumair ha
> > scritto:
> > >
> > > No, you can only change the default icon size in the icon view
> > > preferences, which your desktop will obey.
> >
> > Stuff for a bug?
> >
> > Maybe we could solve it setting zoom level in a nautilus window showing
> > ~/Desktop [1] and force desktop to respect it....
> >

> > [1] or $HOME when desktop-is-home
>
> This really sounds like a constructive proposal. However, some people at
> bugzilla argue for separate "x-nautilus-desktop:///" and ~/Desktop
> metadata, others want to have it shared. I can't point out the bug IDs
> at the moment, since bugzilla.gnome.org is down.
>
> It would really be nice to have a policy whether your actual and your
> virtual desktop directory should be considered identical.
>
> On a sidenote: Unfortunately, the desktop always explicitly seems to
> obey the preference value for the icon size, so opening a icon view of
> "x-nautilus-desktop:///" and changing the view size doesn't help either.

There are another couple of issues with desktop icon placement.

1. Put your desktop icons on right edge (i.e. just like MacOSX default)
or bottom edge when icon_zoom_level is 100%. Now increase the zoom level
in File Management Preferences to 150%. Icons on right and bottom edge
are now off-screen.

2. Let's assume you have only default icons (Computer, Home, Trash) on
your desktop. Right click on desktop (everywhere, even right edge) and
choose Create Something (a folder or a document). The new items appears
below Trash icon, not where you clicked. Of course removing the initial
assumption the issue is still present: I did it just to have a
reference.

Yet know as bugs?