Re: desktop icon's size

Am Samstag, den 15.10.2005, 22:30 +0200 schrieb Luca Ferretti:
> Il giorno ven, 14/10/2005 alle 15.51 +0200, Christian Neumair ha
> scritto:
> > Am Freitag, den 14.10.2005, 12:46 +0200 schrieb Arnau Sanchez:
> > > Does anyone know a way to have all the icons in the desktop with the
> > > same size? the destkop is usually a completely mess if you don't stretch
> > > them manually... is there an automatic way to to this??
> >
> > No, you can only change the default icon size in the icon view
> > preferences, which your desktop will obey.
>
> Stuff for a bug?
>
> Maybe we could solve it setting zoom level in a nautilus window showing
> ~/Desktop [1] and force desktop to respect it....
>

> [1] or $HOME when desktop-is-home

This really sounds like a constructive proposal. However, some people at
bugzilla argue for separate "x-nautilus-desktop:///" and ~/Desktop
metadata, others want to have it shared. I can't point out the bug IDs
at the moment, since bugzilla.gnome.org is down.

It would really be nice to have a policy whether your actual and your
virtual desktop directory should be considered identical.

On a sidenote: Unfortunately, the desktop always explicitly seems to
obey the preference value for the icon size, so opening a icon view of
"x-nautilus-desktop:///" and changing the view size doesn't help either.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>