Re: desktop icon's size

Luca Ferretti wrote:

Stuff for a bug?

Maybe we could solve it setting zoom level in a nautilus window showing
~/Desktop [1] and force desktop to respect it....
I wouldn't call it a bug, but some aspect that could be improved.

One idea could be creating a new option in nautilus' preferences to indicate -in icon's view- if icons should be normalized or not before displaying. If enabled, the icon would be first resized to a fixed value (configurable? the theme's default?), then scaled with the already existing configuration value (50%, 75%, 100%, ...), and finally displayed.

I don't know anything about Gnome or Nautilus architecture, so perhaps this idea is not feasible at all. Sorry if this a non-sense.