How can I add a removable volume link to Desktop by command line?

Hi,

I am using FC3 ( kernel: 2.6.10-1.766_FC3;  nautilus: 2.8.1-4 ). I know
I can set the flag in /apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible by
gconftool-2 to make removable volume ( such as USB flash drive)
automatically visible when hotplug into the computer. My question is
that how I can use command line to add the link to Desktop. I only know
I can use "ln -s" command to add a link to Desktop. I wonder  which
command to add a mounted volume link to my Desktop.

Thanks.

Rocky