Problems with Connect to Server...

Hello all,
I'm using debian sid, which has nautilus 2.8.2-2, as well as ubuntu warty, and I'm having the same problem in both cases, which is that when connecting to a Windows share with "Connect to Server...", my username does not appear to get sent, even when I specify it. I can connect with the username that matches my local username just fine, but if I try to specify a different one, it still appears to try to connect with my local username rather than the one I specified, because when I put in the password that matches my local username, it works, but if I put in the password that matches the username I specified, it just spits the password prompt back at me. Any clues on how to alleviate this problem? Is any more information needed?
   Thanks,
   -Josiah