Re: [Patch] Resize icon slider for file properties (try no. 3)

Dnia 13-07-2005, śro o godzinie 17:20 +0200, Alexander Larsson napisał:
> > Sorry if it has been discussed to death sometime in the 64 months since
> > the feature was introduced -- but I've looked in the Nautilus Help, and
> > I've Googled, and I can't find any explanation of why "Stretch Icon"
> > exists. Perhaps if "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out" were made more convenient
> > (for example, trying to keep the selection visible at the new zoom level
> > if it was visible at the previous zoom level, and setting the shortcut
> > for "Zoom In" to Ctrl++ rather than Shift+Ctrl++), "Stretch Icon" and
> > "Restore Icon's Original Size" could be removed, helping to trim down
> > the menus.
>
> Its a really old feature, so I don't know the exact rationale for
> introducing it, but talking to people about it its obvious that some
> people do use it. Some use it to have a huge trash or other some icon on
> the desktop, some people just want to have a nice big image of someone
> they love, some people do crazy stuff like stretching an icon with
> thumbnailed text in to get post-it style notes.

It's very useful. I personally use it to stretch the trash icon, and
also used it at least once to prepare "there are only 3 things you can
do with this machine" super-simplified UI. It's really cool for making
some things on your desktop painfully obvious and unmissable.

> I'm sure there are other uses people have found for it too.

So am I.

Cheers,
Maciej

--
Being really good at C++ is like being really good at using rocks to
sharpen sticks. (Thant Tessman)