Re: [Patch] Resize icon slider for file properties (try no. 3)

Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 23:58 +0200, Raphael Bosshard wrote:
>>- Help! I want to have several icons exactly the same size. How to do that?
>>- Help! I want to stretch a file's icon in a folder, just like I do on
>>the desktop.
> Anyway, I'm not sure this feature should take so much space in the UI. I
> mean, it already has a menu item and we already removed the context menu
> item in non-desktop folders to unclutter the ui.

Sorry if it has been discussed to death sometime in the 64 months since
the feature was introduced -- but I've looked in the Nautilus Help, and
I've Googled, and I can't find any explanation of why "Stretch Icon"
exists. Perhaps if "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out" were made more convenient
(for example, trying to keep the selection visible at the new zoom level
if it was visible at the previous zoom level, and setting the shortcut
for "Zoom In" to Ctrl++ rather than Shift+Ctrl++), "Stretch Icon" and
"Restore Icon's Original Size" could be removed, helping to trim down
the menus.

(And if individual sizing was removed, perhaps automatic icon sizing --
with a sensible minimum and maximum -- could be used in the future to
suggest information such as the size of a file in kilobytes.)

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/