Re: Automount of USB pen-drive and its display on the desktop

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 14:44 +0530, Subodh Soni wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am using the latest nautilus from CVS HEAD and observed this when
> using a USB pen drive.
> As soon as I insert USB pen-drive, there is no notification on desktop
> and there's no icon on the desktop displaying that a new drive has been
> mounted (Not even when I open on the "Computer" from the desktop).
> The auto-mounting of the USB pen-drive happens because when I run mount
> from the terminal it shows USB as mounted and I can also access the
> directory and move stuff in and out of that directory.
>
> I would like to know if this is at present an expected behavior or a bug
> should be opened in bugzilla for this behavior.

This is expected to work, yes. It might be a problem with fam on your
system or something. gnome-vfs monitors /etc/mtab to find out about new
mounts.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an unconventional overambitious shaman moving from town to town, helping
folk in trouble. She's an elegant Bolivian mechanic in the witness protection
program. They fight crime!