Automount of USB pen-drive and its display on the desktop

Hi All,
I am using the latest nautilus from CVS HEAD and observed this when
using a USB pen drive.
As soon as I insert USB pen-drive, there is no notification on desktop
and there's no icon on the desktop displaying that a new drive has been
mounted (Not even when I open on the "Computer" from the desktop).
The auto-mounting of the USB pen-drive happens because when I run mount
from the terminal it shows USB as mounted and I can also access the
directory and move stuff in and out of that directory.

I would like to know if this is at present an expected behavior or a bug
should be opened in bugzilla for this behavior.

Thanks & Regards
Subodh