Re: search branch merged

Alexander Larsson wrote:

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 09:18 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
Il giorno lun, 12/12/2005 alle 19.58 +0100, Alexander Larsson ha
scritto:
Today I merged the nautilus-search2 branch to HEAD. The code is not
totally done yet but it should mostly work, and I wanted to get
it into the 2.13.3 so some people would look at it. Also, the branch
contained various memleak and other fixes that I wanted to get in.

* Need an icon for search folders
Isn't better add a "search" emblem and use it over a plain desktop icon
then use a custom icon for search folders? As well as the ~/Desktop
directory

emblems are so overused for a multiple of things, and not always shown.
I think it makes more sense to have a solid new "type", which means a
separate icon.
How about using a looking glass?
Simple and easy to tell apart from normal folders.
The new icon-spec will have a system-search icon, so perhaps that would be nice to use.
http://tango-project.org/static/cvs/tango-icon-theme/scalable/actions/system-search.png
- Andreas