Re: Spatial Mode Window Cluttering and Possible Solutions

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 09:03 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:

> I'm not sure what your "advanced concepts and hacks" include, but I
> have to assume that I'm not using them. And I find the spatial mode
> quite usable.

That's cool.  I know many people are happy with it as is.

> > I don't know if this speaks to a fundamental flaw in spatial, to the
> > irony of how hard it is to make something truly simple and functional,
> > or both.
>
> I think it involves expectations, old habits and lack of flexibility.
> Of old users.

Wow.  After all the flames since spatial came out, and endless threads
desperately trying to adapt the software to how many users actually use
it, it's truly bizarre to hear someone still blaming "the users" for not
adapting to the software, instead of the other way around.

I guess the users are doomed after all.  Oh well.

No need to reply to this, our opinions likely won't change and this
horse is dead, buried, and providing worms with their third entree...

Raul

http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=146915&threshold=-1&commentsort=3&tid=131&mode=nested&cid=12307603