Re: Spatial Nautilus

bbarnich umich edu wrote:

Well maybe someone can enlighten me... Since when did nautilus decide to become a MacOS 6 clone?

Here's the mesage that kind of started it all:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-September/msg00446.html
and the Ars Technica article linked there is very enlightening.

IMO all these "features" should be options not defaults.

You can access the old browser interface by right-clicking on a folder and choosing Browse folder. There's also a gconf key to switch back permanently: /apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser
/
/I like spatial nautilus, personally, but I agree that a lot people are going to want a preference setting to switch back. Probably too late for that, though :)
/
/-Ben/
/