Re: Nautilus Browser Mode: View As

Ali Akcaagac wrote:
On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 13:43 +0100, Jens Finke wrote:

No, only the file views will go away. The Eye of Gnome collection
view for a directory is still available in 2.6. Assuming that you
don't use the cvsgnome build script which doesn't provide eog.

In the case of CVSGnome this can quickly be solved (eog is part of the
extended CVSGnome cvs checkout diff). Do this:

;--- for CVS ---
./cvsgnome checkout eog
./cvsgnome build eog
;--- for CVS ---

Ah, ok. I only saw the list of modules provided by cvsgnome once, which lacked eog. Also, you always emphasize that cvsgnome is compatible to gnome 2.x.x for the _installed_ tarballs. :)

The reasons why I don't provide eog as default image viewer is simple to
explain. I for my own dislike eog because of the way of how Images are
being shown. The way it does it I for my own find circumstantial.
If you want to open a large chunk of Image collections then you can only
open the picture one by one. That is loading eog, loading picture,
closing eog, loading eog, loading new picture, closing eog. Of course
you can use eog as view in Nautilus but this expects that one at least
use Nautilus and the view works without crashing every now and then.

You can open a folder which contains images by using 'File->Open Folder...' in the eog application. It will display them in the collection view, which is similar to other image browser views. Also provides slideshow functionality from there on.

Regards,

   Jens