Re: Nautilus Browser Mode: View As

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 21:27, Mikoyan wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I just upgraded to nautilus 2.5.7. To my horror :-) I noticed that
> the "view as ..." entry in the context menu has disseapered *in browser
> mode*. I do agry that it certainly does not belong in the spatial mode.
> But is does belong in browser mode. (imho off course).
>
> But what a relief when I noticed that my documents still opened in
> my favourite bonobo component. But I started fiddling around with
> MIME settings (right click - open with - other applications -
> go there button), and now jpg items open up in the GIMP, and I cannot
> see how to get it back to the old behaviour ...
>
> So 2 predictable questions:
> 1) Is the removal of "view as" in the context menu *in browser mode*
> a bug? Or is intented (hope not)?
> 2) How can I let nautilus open my jpg files back in the eog image viewer
> (embedded that is).

It was intended. We're moving away from non-directory views in nautilus.
You can still get it by manually configuring your mime settings.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an all-American crooked jungle king on the wrong side of the law. She's a
sarcastic mute Valkyrie living homeless in New York's sewers. They fight
crime!