Re: opens gimp for images (was Re: Nautilus Browser Mode: View As)

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 12:58 +0100, Jens Finke wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Mikoyan wrote:
> > But what a relief when I noticed that my documents still opened in
> > my favourite bonobo component. But I started fiddling around with
> > MIME settings (right click - open with - other applications -
> > go there button), and now jpg items open up in the GIMP, and I cannot
> > see how to get it back to the old behaviour ...
>
> I am too noticed that nautilus opens gimp now on default when
> double-clicking on an image file. I would consider this a bug, since gimp
> isn't even in the desktop release. Is it a problem with the new
> shared-mime-info module?

Ok I admit, I've used nautilus 2.5.6 too. But I was waiting to complain
about the "view as" issue till the next release.

But with 2.5.6 shard-mime-info was needed too, and there I hadn't the
gimp specific problem. But sure, then I hadn't played with the MIME
settings.