Re: Feedback: Six Nautilus annoyances

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I can see Slackware going with C, since its a very traditional "old
> unix" style distro, and its users might not like it when ls starts
> sorting like normal humans (without them telling it to).

Now that you mention it, that is *exactly* the reason that Slackware has
stuck with C as the default -- the sort order in ls.  Of course, if it's
now breaking all kinds of things then I might be forced to switch to
setting an en_US as the default, but would rather not.

As far as I can tell, breakage with C is limited to GTK things.  Could
this be fixed, or does something about the C locale make that not
feasible?

Best regards,

Pat