Re: Feedback: Six Nautilus annoyances

Please allow to arrange items case-insensitive. I see no reason why Kool.txt should be before alpha.doc. Yes, unix systems are case sensitive, but this only means that kool.txt is different from Kool.txt not that Kool.txt should show before all "k" file names or even worse, before all a* and b* words etc. It doesn't make any sense to me. Why the privilige? :P

This means your locale setup is broken.

Ok, I just checked it out.

eugenia athlonxp:~> cat /etc/profile.d/lang.sh
#!/bin/sh
# Set the system locale (default C is the same as en_US):
export LANG=C
# This setting has been reported to fix some cut and paste
# problems with GTK2.  If you experience this, try it:
#export LANG=en_US.ISO8859-1

So, the language is set to C, and Nautilus doesn't pick it up. I did change temporarily my setup to en_US.ISO8859-1 and it _does_ fix the nautilus file name ordering. So, is this bug on slackware or on nautilus or Gtk2? Who is responsible on fixing this? Apparently other distros have the same problem as well, not just slackware...

thx,
Eugenia

Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx