Re: Feedback: Six Nautilus annoyances

Em Ter, 2004-02-10 �11:53, Fabio Gomes escreveu:
> Em Ter, 2004-02-10 �10:41, Alexander Larsson escreveu:

> > > Well, since the main problem should most of the time be copying and
> > > pasting between nautilus windows, which are usually in the same process
> > > anyway, can't there be a little hack so that for inter-nautilus
> > > copy&paste it could notify about the other windows about it internally?
> > >
> > > It might not be worth it, if there is a proper fix for it that should be
> > > popular, but I just have no idea on the status of XFixes and so forth.
> >
> > Note how I wrote: "I added some code to cvs that makes it notice changes
> > from inside nautilus, so the basic cut/paste cycle in nautilus should
> > work better now."
> >
> Is it possible to hook some code to be trigged when the "Edit" menu and
> the folder context menu are popped up to check if there is data on the
> clipboard and make the Paste item (in)sensitive accordingly?

After posting this, I realized that every GNOME application has the
"Paste" command always enabled (sensitive) regardless of the presence of
data in clipboard, probably because it is hard to detect such
information.

Maybe Nautilus should follow this behavior for consistence, at least
until there is a better standard approach. :)

--
Fabio Gomes de Souza <fabio gs2 com br> (+55 81 9127-0597)

.- GS2 TECNOLOGIA DA INFORMACAO LTDA :: www.gs2.com.br
|- IT Infrastructure :: Security :: Embedded systems :: Linux
`- Olinda, Brazil - +55 81 3492-7777 - negocios gs2 com br