Re: Video thumbnails
- From: Daniel Pörsch <danielpoe gmx de>
- To: nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Video thumbnails
- Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:35:46 +0100
Xavier Bestel schrieb:
That's not good, because some icons are created only by the program that
created the file (e.g. gimp's .xcf files), so you'll get a generic icon
instead when browsing with nautilus.
What we really need are some scripts to handle thumbnails. The thumbnail
contains a comment to which file it belongs. Some cool scripts would be:
* Clean thumbnail directory, i.e. remove thumbnails whose file has
* Recreate thumbnail for file xy, i.e. delete thumbnail reload
I started to write a python script to handle cleaning, but didn't find
the time to finish it.
What I did was basically:
* get image comment with Image Magick's 'identify'
$> identify -v <thumbnail>
* grep for the line 'Thumb::URI:'
* check if file still exists --> delete or continue
It would be nice to not depend on a external app, but I didn't find a
proper python lib.
I will be very short in time, but if nobody writes these scripts 'till
February I will try to write them.
] [Thread Prev