Re: Proposal for bug 73937 / symlinks in nautilus

> Why should it be configurable, if we are concerned users don't
> understand the behavior of symlinks, why not change make link to create
> a .desktop file that points at the linked uri. This would have the
> advantage of allowing traditional users of symlinks to have them work as
> they expect, well allowing windows/(mac???) converts to have the
> behavior they are used to...

Sounds even better. Isn't that the way windows does it??
I remember something like that from Windows 95. I have no idea how the
other flavors are doing this. Nor Mac for that matter.

> The reason i prefer symlinks to work as they do in the shell is that i
> use them to symlink folders in my home dir from another hd partition
> (these include my evo folder and other personal folders,so that when i
> upgrade my distro I don't have to worry about backing up my home dir).

I agree with your preference. The other behaviour is confusing and unexpected,
to me as a long time Linux-user.

-A.