Selecting files through the location bar

Hi there!

Before I enter a feature-request into Bugzilla, I wanted to hear your oppinions about the following "productivity enhancement" feature.

Midnight Commander allows the user selecting files through expressions, a similar mechanism does not exist in nautilus. As far as I know.

What about using the location bar as a filter?
I propose either:
- select the matching files
or
- display only matching files. This would also allow muli-directory statements like /home/*/*.mp3 (regex may be to compex)

What do you think?

Slatfatf,
Raphael

(and no, I don't think I could implement it, I'm only a user)